Regular Eye Examination
Why is it Important to have a Regular Eye Examination?
Regular eye examinations should be part of your general health care program.
They can reveal the presence of conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure as well as diseases of the eye like cataract and glaucoma.
The refractive state of the eye can be assessed to determine if there is any focusing problem present, such as myopia (short-sightedness), hyperopia (long-sightedness) or astigmatism.
Where appropriate, glasses and/or contact lenses can be prescribed.
We provide a comprehensive ocular examination, using state-of-the-art equipment to assist us in the assessment of your vision and ocular health. This examination includes:
- Refraction to determine if the patient has any significant myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism
- Ophthalmoscopy and biomicroscopy to ensure the eyes are in good health
- Computerized assessment of corneal topography
- Non-mydriatic retinal imaging
- Measurement of intraocular pressure to screen for glaucoma
- Assessment of eye co-ordination and binocular vision
- Assessment of suitability for contact lens wear
- Dispensing of the appropriate refractive prescription (spectacles and/or contact lenses)
Additional services offered include:
- Assessment of your visual fields using computerized perimetry
- Ultrasonic pachymetry to measure corneal thickness
- Screening for refractive surgery
- Sports vision
- Colour vision testing
- Occupational vision screening
"We are one of the leading specialist contact lens practices in Australia."
"Our staff are happy to spend as much time as you need to teach you to use and care for your new contact lenses & offer ongoing support."
Level 5, 376 Albert Street
Phone: 03 9417 6444
Fax: 03 94173144